Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween and the Single Girl

So I've decided that single girls have to walk a fine line on Halloween. So you go to a party, and let's be honest you don't go to a lot of parties, so you want to maximize the fact that you're going to be around single men. I.E. you want to look good.

Last year my roommate and I went to three different costume stores and there was a huge variety of choices. We could have been a slutty pirate, slutty nurse, slutty witch, slutty gypsy. You could be anything you wanted to be so long as it was a slut. We eventually rented costumes at some local costume store.

So this year I found a costume at target called Sizzling Samurai but lucky for me I am on the short side so it was less sizzling and more modest and cute. I may end up being this for many Halloweens to come as I can't bear going into another costume store again.

What do you think girls? Is it just in Utah that we really don't want to be sluts or is it everywhere? There were 200 people at the party last night and nary a slut among them.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know. But you are definitely right about the costumes. I live in Idaho and it's hard to find a costume that is modest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't even the modest thing. It's the ridiculousness of the choices as well. In what place does slutty Darth Vador make any sense at all?

      Delete