Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Friday, December 9, 2011
Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Saturday, November 26, 2011
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
Thursday, November 10, 2011
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Sunday, October 30, 2011
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
"A police officer and his dog entered the maze with a farm manager on Columbus Day to search for the disoriented father, mother and two children, including a three-week-old infant. The family didn't realize they had almost made their way out and were just 25 feet from the street."
Apparently they took to heart the one rule of corn mazes, don't cut through the corn. It's just a rule, people. I love two things in this world: stupid people and corn mazes. When you combine them, it's awesome.
This week I went to the most amazing corn maze in Utah. It's called Black Island Farms and it's out in Syracuse. You might think you're so far west, you'd drop off into the Great Salt Lake if you take a wrong turn but you don't.
The only drawback to the maze is that it's designed after Twilight characters, but luckily you can't see the faces from the maze so it's easy to forget that part.
It's the largest maze in Utah but the best part isn't the maze, it's the two-story slide made out of corrugated pipe. I was in dread driving there because I was afraid it was ripped out since they don't mention it on their website. I thought, if some dumb kid fell off this thing and ruined it for the rest of us, I'm going to be pissed. No worries, it's still there.
The night I was there, it was raining. They laid out a big sheet of plastic at the bottom and when I hit the standing water on that thing, I flew another fifteen feet. Despite all the water I soaked up, there was still plenty for me to slide on the next several times down. Totally worth the drive.
Wednesday, October 5, 2011
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
- Wikipedia (I look up one thing that takes me to another and another)
- The sunset
- Sitcoms (I love a good laugh)
- The phone
- Caroline Hax advice columns (I like reading about clueless people getting smack downs and people who have a lot worse problems than me)
- Other books
- Other people's blogs
- Oddly enough not twitter or facebook
- Training for races
- Shiny things (there's one now)
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
The second I hit the water, I knew I made a mistake. There were about two hundred swimmers all diving in the lake at the same time, kicking off the first leg of our triathlon. We were indiscernible in black wetsuits and gray swim caps and kicked up so much water that you couldn’t see anything that wasn’t right next to you. My wetsuit sucked against my stomach, keeping me from taking any deeps breaths. The little air I took in was mixed with green water. I tried to hold my breath and swim underwater but the green murkiness blinded me. I could feel people swimming over the top of my legs and I knocked into someone with every stroke attempted. Panic quickly set in. Even though I was only fifty feet out, I knew I couldn’t touch—couldn’t touch, couldn’t breathe, and couldn’t see. This is how people drown.
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
2) Severely overweight or pregnant women wearing string bikinis. This goes along with number one. No one should have to guess if someone is wearing a swimsuit. There's beaches for that.
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Tuesday, July 5, 2011
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
- Never use your hand (or pretty much any part of your body) to check the heat of something.
- Look up when you're walking down the street. It saves face (because the face bleeds easily).
- When it takes a while for the water to shoot out a hose, don't check it with your ear to see if it you can hear it coming.
- Always check your cinch before get in the saddle.
- When you talk to yourself, always assume someone can hear you (this also applies to singing in the shower).
- Always check your rear end when you leave the bathroom while wearing a skirt just to make sure everything is tucked in right.
- Never curl your hair on a rainy day, it just makes you angry.
- Never eat shrimp from an unknown source at a potluck, especially if everyone had to drive an hour to get there. (I learned this one just yesterday.)
- Never swing a chocolate-covered baby.
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
- Meeting a guy and totally giving him the brush off but eventually becoming friends. Then one day he discovers how beautiful you are and you realize how sweet he is. It's the meet-cute.
- A first kiss in the rain and/or a first kiss at night with soft twinkling lights. The movie utilized both.
- Being sung karaoke to by a guy trying to win you or your forgiveness.
- Saying I love you in front of a fire.
- Breaking up in a car and then dramatically stomping away.
- Being won back by a guy willing to embarrass himself, yet again in a dramatic way.