Wednesday, May 25, 2011

10 Life Lessons Learned

As a child, I once cried to my mom that I always seemed to learn things the hard way. In her sympathetic way, she told me, "Some people learn from there own mistakes but wise people learn from others." In honor of that I've created a list of lessons I've learned the hard way.

  1. Never use your hand (or pretty much any part of your body) to check the heat of something.
  2. Look up when you're walking down the street. It saves face (because the face bleeds easily).
  3. When it takes a while for the water to shoot out a hose, don't check it with your ear to see if it you can hear it coming.
  4. Always check your cinch before get in the saddle.
  5. When you talk to yourself, always assume someone can hear you (this also applies to singing in the shower).
  6. Always check your rear end when you leave the bathroom while wearing a skirt just to make sure everything is tucked in right.
  7. Never curl your hair on a rainy day, it just makes you angry.
  8. Never eat shrimp from an unknown source at a potluck, especially if everyone had to drive an hour to get there. (I learned this one just yesterday.)
  9. Never swing a chocolate-covered baby.
I'm leaving number ten blank. I'm sure something new will come up this week. What things have you learned the hard way? I still haven't given up on the idea of learning from other's mistakes as well.

1 comment:

  1. Always make sure your keys are securely tucked into a pocket when leaning over to flush a high powered toilet.

    Somewhere in the sewer system of Orem, there is a rat with the coolest hologram smiley face keychain ever.

    ReplyDelete