Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Benefits of Beer

So my roommate and I were having a slug problem and, no, I'm talking about the local single guys. We had an actual slug problem in our flower beds. Despite numerous attempts to poison them (again the slugs not the guys), they multiplied.

I told my roommate that I had heard beer was great for getting rid of slugs. It took a few months to convince her, but eventually she agreed to give it a go. There was only one problem; she waited until we were at a gas station in my hometown to decide it was the opportune time to buy beer. The gas station my family frequents; the gas station we've used as gathering spot for road trips.

She tried to play it cool but her red face gave us away (that and when she asked the guy for a brown paper sack she told him it was for slugs). We killed about fifty of those suckers in one night.

It took a few more years of convincing, but today my mom bought beer for her slugs. If only they didn't have to do a price check at the grocery store.

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to mention that I was also dressed like total white trash. If anyone else doubts - send them to my blog. There are pictures to prove it.

    How did it work for your mom?

    ReplyDelete