Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Corn Maze

In Massachusetts, a family called 911 when they became lost in a corn maze.

"A police officer and his dog entered the maze with a farm manager on Columbus Day to search for the disoriented father, mother and two children, including a three-week-old infant. The family didn't realize they had almost made their way out and were just 25 feet from the street."

Apparently they took to heart the one rule of corn mazes, don't cut through the corn. It's just a rule, people. I love two things in this world: stupid people and corn mazes. When you combine them, it's awesome.

This week I went to the most amazing corn maze in Utah. It's called Black Island Farms and it's out in Syracuse. You might think you're so far west, you'd drop off into the Great Salt Lake if you take a wrong turn but you don't.

The only drawback to the maze is that it's designed after Twilight characters, but luckily you can't see the faces from the maze so it's easy to forget that part.

It's the largest maze in Utah but the best part isn't the maze, it's the two-story slide made out of corrugated pipe. I was in dread driving there because I was afraid it was ripped out since they don't mention it on their website. I thought, if some dumb kid fell off this thing and ruined it for the rest of us, I'm going to be pissed. No worries, it's still there.

The night I was there, it was raining. They laid out a big sheet of plastic at the bottom and when I hit the standing water on that thing, I flew another fifteen feet. Despite all the water I soaked up, there was still plenty for me to slide on the next several times down. Totally worth the drive.
They also have lots of activities for kids, including a petting zoo and a small farmers' market.

No comments:

Post a Comment