Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Ebook Versus Real Book: The Pros

As soon as I posted last week's blog, I realized I would need to write a follow-up. A person who creates ebooks for money can't focus on all the negatives, especially when there are a lot of positives.

A few weeks ago, I found myself in a car for ten hours surrounded by strangers. The library book I brought along lasted only for three. Thanks to my borrowed iPad, I downloaded two books for the trip. Most ebook providers provide the classics for free, hence, Dracula. But I was also able to download an old book from an author I just discovered for only $3.

There was no driving to the bookstore or standing in line. And since I'm not a fan of clutter, there's that much less stuff I have to look at. (For the record, I only consider books clutter when it's books I don't like). I actually did buy a hardcover Dracula.

No comments:

Post a Comment