Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Spectacular Failures

John Lasseter, director of Toy Story and Pixar executive, was fired from Disney when he created their first computer animated movie. They didn't see the point. Disney was his dream job, where he worked up the ladder from the Jungle ride tour guide to animator.

Steve jobs was fired from the company he created, Apple. He purchased a company that no one had a use for, which became known as Pixar.

I've never failed so spectacularly but then again, I've never succeeded so spectacularly either. There are a few things I've failed at.

My first time off the ski lift, I fell and took out the instructor and another student.

I've yet to publish a book.

I've bombed more dates than I can keep track of.

I drove home from my first post-college interview in tears. They said I needed more internships but I just got turned down from an internship because I didn't have enough experience.

What things have you failed out?

No comments:

Post a Comment