Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Such a Good Mother

I was paid a high compliment last weekend. Apparently, I'm a good mother. This came as a surprise since I don't actually have kids.

I babysat my nephews and niece on Thursday and had to take the boys to football. My niece is three and her patience with watching the game lasted about as long you'd expect. I played tag with her while trying to keep an eye on the game. After only a few minutes, another little girl joined us and I ran around with them for a while.

During the last quarter, I stood on the sidelines when the mother of the other little girl asked me which of the players were mine. I told her I was only their aunt. "But she's yours," she said gesturing to my niece.

"Nope, she's my niece," I replied.

"Oh, I was going to say you're such a good mom." She couldn't hide the relief in her voice that I was only the aunt. I assured her that I spent all week saving up my energy so I have enough for one day of watching them.

1 comment:

  1. You really are a great aunt! They look forward to having you here. I look forward to it too, because when you're here - I don't have to be. :-)

    ReplyDelete