Friday, February 24, 2012

Pretending to Be an Adult

Do you ever have moments when you feel like you're pretending to be a grown-up?

I have a professional sounding title at a very professional company. However, I could work in P.J.s if I wanted, and designing books feels like putting together a fun puzzle while doing digital stuff feels like solving a challenging puzzle.

Once a year we have our annual sales conference at an exclusive club downtown. I dress in the business suits I bought when I graduated college, thinking I'd need them for work (they get dusty). Walking the city street amongst all the professional folk in my pantsuit makes me feel the need to tell people, "Look at me. I am a business woman going to a business meeting. I'm not pretending in my mother's heels."

Luckily, I'm usually able to play it cool. When do you feel like you're faking it?

No comments:

Post a Comment