Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Ski Song

Teaching three- and four-year-olds how to ski, requires patience, a joyful spirit, attention to safety, and above all, the ability to make up songs on the fly.


I had one three-year-old that needed a little cheering up so I started singing,


"It's snowing, it's snowing
and the wind stopped blowing,
now to ski we are going."


My little pupil quickly requested that I sing more of the ski song. So I looked around and added,


"Look at all the trees
let's take up our skis."


Then she requested to hear more of the song. I think I launched into some beautiful ballad about the chairlift and bears. Eventually she grew more excited about skiing than singing and I was relieved...until we were walking back to the lodge. "Can you sing the ski song again?" she asked.


Darn, I've really got to write that thing down.

No comments:

Post a Comment